April 22, 2019
Why to Use a Real Estate Agent When Buying a Home
When buying a home, it’s imperative to be as informed as possible, about the process, your options and legalities. There are many factors to consider when you’re looking for a new home, and the most advantageous option is to use a professional Realtor or real estate agent. Read these reasons to learn why:
- Finding listings. Agents might be able to give you access to more listings than you could find on your own.
- Price experts. A qualified agent will have enough experience to ensure the listing price is accurate. They also will act as the liaison between you and the seller when negotiating the price conditions.
- An agent will suggest all the required external services you will need, from mortgage lenders, home inspectors or even home repairs.
- There is no shortage of documents needed to buy a home, and an agent can alleviate stress by helping sort through all the paperwork.
- Avoid closing issues. There is a laundry list of problems that could arise during the closing process, but an experienced agent is used to dealing with these issues and can work through almost any unexpected challenge.
For these services, agents typically earn a 1% to 3% commission on the sale. But here’s the best news – as a homeowner, you don’t pay for these costs. The home sellers typically pay for the buyer’s agent fees. If you’re seeking the most well-informed and cohesive buying process, an experienced real estate agent is the ideal choice.